Medical Credentialing for Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselors: Is It An Option?

Question: Is it possible for a Master’s level Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor to get on insurance panels? If not, is there any way for me to bill insurance within a private practice where others are licensed psychologists and social workers (i.e. if they co-sign)?

Answer: While there are always exceptions, CAADC providers are not eligible for medical credentialing unless they are also fully licensed. In addition, for most behavioral health practices, a provider cannot bill under another providers license. Again, though, there are always exceptions.  Good luck!

Let us take care of the credentialing process for you! This process is often described as lengthy and taxing. Why? Because the tasks that appear simple enough actually take a lot of time and attention. You have to spend 10+ hours completing each credentialing application and additional time checking on the status of your application until it is properly processed. That is, unless you surrender the wheel and let us take it from here. Just call us at 1-855-664-5154 to hear more about our services or to get started today!